Pages

Sunday 27 November 2011

Guess whose cake won the Guardian's taste test?

Well ours obviously!

My Cottage Kitchen, one of our small producers on the Tastia site makes the cakes and won the award for the best tasting.  She was the only one to get the full 5 stars!!!  She beat the likes of Bettys, Daylesford Organics and M&S, to name a few.  What an accolade.

Mind you I'm not surprised.  These cakes are slow baked in an Aga for up to 12 hours, with brandy poured over regularly and only the finest, freshest ingredients are used.  A small one only costs £11.50, what unbelievable value.

This is why I am so passionate about small producers, they're just amazing!  They love what they do and it shows.  I want to jump up and down and tell the world about them!!  This is me doing a little jump (and a skip truth be told!)

Check out the article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/nov/25/christmas-taste-test-christmas-cake 

900g, £22.50. Best classic cake
I still firmly believe that the best Christmas cakes are homemade - especially if that home happens to belong to Ursula Evans of My Cottage Kitchen. The joyful smell of brandy hits me as soon as I open the tin, and the simple topping of figs, prunes and pecans sends my own festive spirits soaring after all that sugary icing. Dark, sticky and very moreish, this is the one cake I'm keeping for myself.
★★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment